Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2, 2009


Above images are tablet drawings done on both Facebook graffiti application and photoshop respectively.

I have been out of school for about a few weeks. It's hard to get a job here because of this shit economy. I have been slowly progressing in doing anything artistic because of my attention span. I will be seeing a bunch of shows this summer. More than usual. I feel like I am a defected art student because of my lack of; skill in getting a job: finding commission work: my utter laziness. I fear failure very bad. I have been using my tablet in the past week and got somewhat better with it. I haven't used it before this week since last fall. All of my friends either have a job or an internship. I feel horrible when I think about that. Sometimes I just want to do a meaningless job like being a groundskeeper or stack shelves just so I don't have to be based off skill all the time. My opinion on the intern matter is that I lack skill and fear I won't get into any because I will be unwanted. It's not fair. The only thing that would make me quit art is if Arianne got one before I do. My brother's birthday is the day after tomorrow and I haven't done anything for him yet. This is a self loathing post if you haven't noticed yet. I just want school to start again so I can improve beyond belief. I am now reading Jurassic Park because I just finished the previous book I read, Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz. I feel like reading all summer.

No comments: